C. Michael McGannon, best known as co-author of the Charlie Sullivan and the Monster Hunters fantasy series for young adults (Wyvern’s Peak Publishing), the dark fiction collection KAOS Obsidere: The Nightmare Has Begun (Dark Waters Press), and co-host of The Monster Guys Podcast has been tapped to write for the forthcoming video game Hellhunter being developed by the Australian indie game development company Ballistic Interactive.
HellHunter, The Game
Hellhunter is a supernatural investigative hunting RPG, where you assume the role of a freelance hunter building his career towards uncovering the ultimate terror. However in each chosen job, the level is procedurally generated, and the true identity of the supernatural creature is not revealed. It is up to you to explore and investigate it, which ultimately effects the fight at the end of every job, creating an intense and unique experience for every hunt. Death lurks in every corner, do you have what it takes to become a hellhunter?
- is a hardcore single player hunting game centralized around investigating and hunting supernatural enemies.
- Dark & unique art direction, using light & shadows to create a mysterious haunting atmosphere, with carefully tailored animation bringing the game to life.
- Procedural level generation, mixed with dynamic clue and enemy generation makes for a massively replayable experience. Clues are logically scattered around the level which the player has to find and decipher.
- Character progression & customization, with countless high tech gadgets, weapons and consumables.
- Contrasting gameplay starts with careful investigation involving stealth, but progresses to fast paced intense combat by the end of a job.
If you’d like to learn more about HellHunter, check out their website. Also learn more about the game’s mechanics, character development and monsters via the original Kickstarter page. Michael McGannon joins HellHunter so you can bet this game will have an awesome story!