Out today on Steam, Beyond the Wire, a FPS game from Redstone Interactive puts players in trench warfare in this realistic 50 vs 50 World War I era multiplayer title. Offworld Industries announced their 50 vs 50 World War I FPS title, Beyond The Wire now available on Steam. As part of the launch, Beyond The Wire will be playable for free during a Steam Free Weekend beginning September 2 through September 4.
About Beyond The Wire WWI FPS
Featuring ten factions pulled from the Entente and Central Powers over the course of 1914 to 1918, Beyond the Wire pits teams of players against each other with a focus on tactical, communication-heavy combat. Each faction features unique combinations of era-authentic weaponry and vehicles, allowing for a wide range of tactics.
From the trenches of Ypres, and Vimy Ridge, the forests of the Meuse-Argonne, and the alpine slopes of the Vosges Mountains, Beyond The Wire features 10 maps covering diverse areas of the Western Front during the Great War. Maps are up to two kilometers in size, creating many paths to victory as teams weigh using crucial resources to build fortifications versus coordinating assaults to outflank the enemy.
A new customization system rewards players with clothing, non-combat gear, and decorations fitting soldiers from the era for playing and completing challenges. At launch, 440 of different items can be unlocked through play, with plans for more to be added in future updates.
- Large-Scale 50v50 Multiplayer Action: Players are split into two 50 person teams with each team broken into nine person squads and a commander overseeing the battle.
- Team Focused Gameplay: Share tactics with your squad as to contend with enemy emplacements, large open maps, and claustrophobic trenches to survive the brutal scale of action soldiers faced on the front lines of the Great War.
- Ten Playable Factions: Each with their specialized gear loadouts and vehicles
- Ten Large, Authentic Maps: Inspired by the battlefields on the Western Front, each up to 2 km2 in size
- Historically Inspired Weapons: Charge into combat using era specific weapons and vehicles used by soldiers during 1914 to 1918
- Brutal Melee Combat: Attack, parry, and counter in close combat with clubs, bayonets, and other melee weapons
- Reinforce the Front Line: Build fortifications and reinforce your frontline using an advanced construction system
- Tactical Communication: Use in-game Voice Over IP using high quality codecs for local and long distance voice communication
Priced at $34.99, Beyond The Wire is launching with a 40% discount for launch week. Beyond the Wire is currently available in English, French, German, and Simplified Chinese. You can learn more by visiting the official website – https://playbtw.com.