The JRPG Edge Of Eternity from developer Midgar Studio and publisher Dear Villagers (ScourgeBringer, The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos) goes into beta today with a massive Steam Early Access update and a 30% discount for 8 days on Steam to welcome new players.
About Edge of Eternity JRPG
The world of Heryon is torn apart. Years ago, the arrival of a mysterious alien force ultimately plunged the planet into an endless cataclysmic war where both magic and technology were unleashed to their worst and darkest extremes. Now an even greater threat has emerged: in a despicable act of war, the invaders released the Corrosion, a fatal disease turning living forms of all kinds into misshapen abominations.
A grand tale of hope and sacrifice. Join young soldier Daryon and a cast of unforgettable characters as they set out ona fate-defying journey across a dying world. Solve quests in multiple ways, make your own choices and face their consequences. Also, master the game’s deep and strategic combat system that incorporates skills, equipment, upgrades, and even the environment in the unique nexus-grid based combat system.
- An enthralling story filled with plot twists and heart-wrenching moments
- A gorgeous fantasy world to explore
- Epic battles with a unique and strategic turn-based combat system
- Charismatic and unforgettable characters
- Stunning soundtrack featuring Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles)
- An advanced crafting system
- A fearless yet adorable beast to befriend
- Build your own world and adventures with Edge Of Eternity’s modkit and share your adventures online through a special Twitch mode!
Edge of Eternity Beta
The Beta update marks a milestone of the Early Access during which the game expanded to over 40 hours of playtime with regular updates and now lets players explore around half of the full adventure.
- New BattleCam for combat: You can switch between the current “tactical” and the new “cinematic/dynamic” camera
- New crafting system: gather recipes and materials to craft your own gear and items
- Reworked cutscenes: improved lighting, color and revamped the lip sync system
- New quests: dynamic events and spontaneous secondary quests
- Updated character designs: includes new details for the heroes and NPCs
- General polish and fixes
Get more information regarding the beta by visiting the Steam store page for Edge of Eternity. Also, follow the game on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest news and updates.