WashBear Studio revealed the studio’s first game Parkasaurus coming early 2018 to PC via Steam. Lovingly developed by a duo of industry veterans, Parkasaurus will first enter Early Access this spring allowing brave Parkasaurus Warriors to don their Dino stethoscope and construction gloves.
As the ultimate dinosaur zoo management game, Parkasaurus takes a fresh approach to park simulation. Parkasaurus challenges the player to plan, design and construct fabulous exhibits that maximize both the happiness of their Dinos, and their park guests’ satisfaction and willingness to spend money! Starting with only a dream and an abandoned park the player will discover ground breaking technologies, new attractions and a special bond with each of their Dinos, all captured in stunningly beautiful modernized 3D flat design graphics.
The idea for Parkasaurus originated from one of the WashBear wives, who had made a binder of dinosaur management ideas (made out of actual colored construction paper!). From there, the Parkasaurus prototye was created. This prototype continued from a long history of prototypes from WashBear – except this one seemed good enough to share with the world. Made by only two developers in their spare time, they use Unity, duct tape and glue. Only recently have major updates in the Unity engine allowed this game to be possible. Parkasaurus is crafted with heart, stress, and puppies on our laps.
- Exhibit Design: Design success – each dinosaur requires a unique biosphere, which means the shape of exhibit, materials used, ecology, plants, elevation and humidity all play a key role in whether the Dinos, and the park, thrive…or become extinct.
- Park Creation and Management: Wisely spend resources to build the ultimate Dino Park and turn a profit to ensure future stability.
- Guest Monetization: By reading reviews and observing your guests, fine tune the flow and arrangement of your park to maximize the happiness of guests and Dinos alike.
- Employee Management: Level up rookie hires, or bring on established veterans, to help run your park smoothly and efficiently.
- Time Travel for Dino Eggs: Go back in time to retrieve the hottest (and oldest) Dino Eggs.
- Chaotic Dino Escapes: Switch into first person view to handle any Dino rampages quickly and with care, before disaster strikes.
- Year Round Challenges: Manage unexpected weather catastrophes, as well as the expected diverse demands each season brings.