Good Shepherd Entertainment and independent developer SuperScarySnakes announced that Black Future ‘88, the 2D synth-punk roguelike action shooter, will release digitally on Nintendo Switch and Windows PC via Steam on November 21, 2019. A special physical release of Black Future ’88 on the Nintendo Switch will be available in retail stores in 2020.
About Black Future ’88
Set in a grim alternate history where it’s always 1988, Black Future ‘88 puts players on a non-stop dungeon-crawling ascent against homicidal robots, cutthroats, bosses and more to exact revenge on the man who destroyed the world. As one of the last remaining survivors of a nuclear cataclysm, you’ll climb a procedurally generated tower through a merciless onslaught of fire, lasers and steel.
The only way to kill your mark before your heart explodes is strategically choosing and combining dozens of unique guns, buffs and curses. Choose from several characters with a huge arsenal of weapons and powers as you shoot, slash and dash through anything standing between you and the top of the world.
Survive this nightmarish neon-lit retro dystopia alone or with a friend in two-player local co-op, then measure your mettle against other players by taking on special daily challenges to scale the global leaderboard. PC Players can also join a friend’s game online without needing to own a copy themselves, as Black Future ’88 will fully support Steam’s new Remote Play Together Feature at launch.
- Death Ascendant: Climb an always evolving procedural tower and fight for survival through a constant onslaught of death by fire, lasers, and slashes.
- Unique Synth-Punk World: Play through a unique take on a retro cyberpunk dystopia, and fight to survive through 5 distinct zones each with their own challenges
- Pick Your Poison: Play as one of 5 playable characters, each with their own unique buffs- and weaknesses
- Ruin Friendships: Test your wits and reflexes with a friend in couch co-op, and experience a completely unique take on the co-op roguelike
- Kill the Wardens: Fight for survival by challenging the numerous unique bosses that guard each one of the game’s zones
- Fog Machines and Laser Beams: Bring a gun and laser sword to a fire fight by arming yourself with a selection of the 50 unique weapons available in the game, each with their own unique effects
- Evolve to Survive: The only way to survive when everything, including your own heart, is trying to kill you is to carefully boost or curse yourself by strategically choosing- and combining from 30 distinct buffs and curses.
- Dailies: Every day, a new challenge is generated with unique attributes that will test your mettle and allow you to see how your skills compare against other players in a global Leaderboard. Fight for not just survival, but supremacy
- Ear Candy: Death never sounded so good thanks to an all killer original analog-synth soundtrack.
Black Future ’88 will release November 21st on Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam. For more information, visit www.BlackFuture88.com, and follow Good Shepherd Entertainment and SuperScarySnakes on Twitter @GoodShepherdEnt and @SuperScarySnake.