New game S.W.A.N. opens the door of mysterious Institute to reveal the darkest secrets of Chernobyl’s Exclusion Zone in the first trailer released for the game. From developer Volfram, S.W.A.N. is scheduled to launch in October 2020 on PC.
S.W.A.N. – Syndrome Without A Name – is a dangerous disease, that leads to the formation of abnormalities unimaginable for ordinary people. Unconfined anomalies will be one of the worst obstacles for players to overcome and it will be up to players how to deal with them. Get through the real hell, reveal all of the shocking secrets of the Institute and all of its research that everyone has been trying to hide from the world and – what is most important – try to stay sane.
S.W.A.N., a mixture of FPS, horror and puzzle, takes players inside a disturbing research facility, in which they will need to fight for their survival. As a member of a rescue team, you will need to find trapped people, who are – probably still alive and also discover all of the secrets of this isolated, mysterious place.
February 1987. A group of scientists from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology receive a signal from the Exclusion Zone. Some people are still near Pripyat and the readings on the radar are worrying.
Scientists had been researching undiagnosed diseases in the isolated S.W.A.N. Institute for years. The enigmatic abilities of patients locked inside were one of the worst threats possible. Despite the radiation caused by the Chernobyl nuclear plant breakdown, the few USSR politicians aware of its existence didn’t order the evacuation of the facility. Worried scientists sent out a research and rescue expedition. Little did they know what they were about to discover. They were not aware of what they were really going to find in here.
- Confusing reality – the game will allow players not only to explore the S.W.A.N. Institute, but it will also take them on a journey through different dimensions
- Surroundings tell a story – interactive items are the key to discover all of the S.W.A.N.’s secrets
- Peculiar puzzles – players will need to solve abstract riddles and their difficulty will increase as the game progresses
- More than weapons – players will be able to use different items and tools in order to protect themselves from twisted opponents and their abnormal abilities
- Different kind of narrative – files scattered around the complex will allow discovering the true reason behind the Institute’s existence
- A new definition of Chernobyl – familiar place with a new, unique atmosphere
- Horror ambiance – the pressure builds up slowly, adjusting to the players’ pace