Afterburner studios have released a gameplay trailer for Dreamscaper, an atmospheric roguelite ARPG about lucid dreaming. The video, originally revealed at IGN’s Summer of Gaming event, dives into the game features, showcasing different dreamscapes, the deep combat system and a slew of items and different perks that allow for an endless roguelite experience.
In Dreamscaper players dive into Casidy’s subconscious and confront the surreal nightmares she wrestles with in order to save her from a dark fate. Every slumber is a different ordeal in an ever-changing world with a multitude of unique events and challenges. The deep combat system features a myriad of attack options, from finger guns and yo-yos to rending the earth beneath you or controlling time itself – in a dreamworld anything goes. Once awake, players interact with people in Cassidy’s life, forge new relationships, piece her life events together and unlock upgrades that impact her next dream. As soon as Cassidy falls asleep, the cycle continues: players traverse her beautiful, haunting dreamscapes, confronting the nightmares head-on with a rich hack-n’-slash combat system where careful positioning, exact timing and quick reflexes are rewarded.
- An expansive combat system that rewards skilled play – shoot off finger guns, rend the earth below you or whip a yo-yo into enemies with a slew of dream-inspired weaponry
- Adventure through six beautiful, haunting dreamscapes to discover powerful artifacts, surreal scenery and a multitude of unique events, challenges and puzzles
- Day/night gameplay – explore the waking and dreaming world to learn Cassidy’s story, your actions in one affect the other
- Deep item progression that creates synergies and new possibilities every run, encouraging experimentation and high replay-ability
- Warp the Dreamscape around you with “Lucid Powers” – surreal dream attacks and abilities that manipulate the elements, warp space, and even control time itself
- Live Cassidy’s waking life and forge friendships with the people around her. Empower Cassidy with their hopes and memories to dispel the darkness of her nightmares
- A beautiful, dynamic soundtrack composed by Dale North that adapts to player experience
The deep dive gameplay trailer demonstrates what to expect from the roguelite ARPG Dreamscaper, due out on Steam Early Access this summer. Visit the Steam store page to add the game to your Wishlist or visit Dreamscapergame.com to learn more.