Publisher The Irregular Corporation (PC Building Simulator) and Floating Origin Studios announced a partnership on the upcoming model flight simulation game for PC, Balsa Model Flight Simulator. Created by Felipe “HarvesteR” Falanghe, who is best known for the successful Kerbal Space Program, Balsa Model Flight Simulator is scheduled for release in mid 2020.
Model Plane Building Comes Alive
Named for the Balsa wood known for creating model airplanes, Balsa Model Flight Simulator is a challenging and detailed model flight simulator with a powerful suite of editing tools where you can design, build, fly and battle with model aircraft. Balsa Model Flight Simulator is a virtual flight experience like no other.
Pilots are able to construct a wide range of model aircraft in great detail, or design innovative new planes to test their engineering abilities. The game sports a deep model airplane editor allowing would-be model airplane pilots to control every aspect of building kit planes in the game. With deep customization options, pilots will be able to fly in style as they hone their skills in free-flight and challenge modes.
Balsa Model Flight Simulator also features a detailed career mode where pilots can progress through different stages of their career. Various modes include checkpoint flying, combat (seriously, you can totally affix paintball guns to your model airplane and engage in model plane dogfighting), base defense and attack runs or enjoy a full sandbox mode via online or solo play. Just be careful you don’t get your model airplane stuck in a tree.
But wait, there’s more! A full scenario editor allows pilots to build and host their own game sessions and choose what activities players progress in online PVP or PVE modes for up to 16 players. Built from the ground up for modding, the game is set to have 4 large map areas at launch for the taking.
- In-game Vehicle Editor – Build anything you can imagine using parts that snap together in a hands-on, intuitive way.
- Paint and Customize your designs – Balsa’s Vehicle Editor allows you to not only build, but also paint and apply decals to your vehicles to make them completely your own.
- A physics-based flight model, ensures your designs behave realistically as they fly (and crash).
- Single-player campaign mode – tackle a range of challenges across a variety of maps and earn currency to further improve your aircraft.
- Free flight sandbox mode where you can hone your skills or enjoy a more relaxed flying experience.
- Moddable to Extremes: Balsa was designed from the ground up to support modding and players will be able to add custom content to everything from new planes and parts to maps and modes.
- A fully supported multiplayer, for up to 16 virtual pilots.
- Paintball Combat – Create and take your aerial combat machine up against other players in model-scale paintball dogfights.
For more information about Balsa Model Flight Simulator please visit the Steam store page and add it to your Wishlist. Also, follow the publisher The Irregular Corporation on Twitter to get the latest updates and news.