Polygon Treehouse and United Label officially launched Röki on PC today, opening the door to a beautiful game of adventure, courage, and folklore. Röki is available right now on Steam and GOG. In addition, a release for the Nintendo Switch is planned for the near future.
Röki Adventure Game
Röki is an adventure game inspired by Scandinavian folklore – a dark contemporary fairy tale underpinned by a touching narrative, an alluring art style, ancient puzzles and atmospheric exploration.
Join Tove on a fantastical journey to save her family, an adventure that takes her deep into a hidden, long-forgotten world of folklore. Röki players will unravel the mysteries of a mystical forest and its hidden pathways, find curious items, engage with strange creatures, and journey into Tove’s memories to directly confront her past as she attempts to save her family.
- A 12-15 hour adventure with a modernized vision for the genre
- Beautiful handcrafted graphics
- Challenging, but not unforgiving gameplay
- Seek out clues and drag and drop items into the environment to solve inter-linked, intuitive, and memorable puzzles.
- Missing the right tool for a puzzle? Combine the unique items you’ve discovered during Tove’s journey to make new, useful items in a simple drag & drop craft system.
- Open up Tove’s journal, where she makes note of the uncharted regions uncovered, the loot collected, and unique badges earned throughout. The journal also serves as a window into the rich Scandinavian folklore Röki is influenced by.
Röki is an adventure game for ALL gamers – with its non-violent gameplay, accessible controls and universal themes.. The game is designed uniquely to pose a challenge, but to also offer a helping hand when adventurers need it. A truly modern take on the adventure game genre.
Debut Indie Title
Röki is the debut game from Polygon Treehouse, headed by Tom Jones and Alex Kanaris-Sotiriou.
“For our debut indie title, we wanted to depart from the ‘shooty-shooty’ games we’d made at PlayStation and make the game about family, adventure, monsters, and kindness. When we started development three years ago the world was quite a different place, and we hope the game we’ve created and its themes are now more relevant and important than ever.”Tom Jones & Alex Kanaris-Sotiriou, Polygon Treehouse
Röki adventure game is available now for PC through Steam and GOG, a Nintendo Switch version will be available in the near future. Learn more by visiting the United Label Games official website or follow them on Twitter to get the latest news and updates.