Slitherine announced Close Combat: The Bloody First, the new chapter in the epic WW2 tactical RTS saga is coming to PC on October 3rd. Lead the mighty Big Red One, the 1st US infantry division from North Africa to Sicily and then in its final assault on the beaches of Normandy. Three full campaigns, 11 operations, 36 battles in a detailed 3D world rendered in a completely new real-time strategy engine.
About Close Combat: The Bloody First
Close Combat: The Bloody First is not an ordinary RTS: the action is fast, but you can always pause the game and issue new orders to your troops. This will allow you to recreate complex historical actions; pin down enemy nests with machine guns, flank them with fast infantry, cover your advance with smoke barrages, target the vulnerable side armour of the German Panzers with armour-piercing weapons, scout enemy positions and unleash artillery or mortar fire before they see you.
Beware of enemy fire: your troops are heroic US infantrymen but they will panic under enemy fire if caught in the open with no cover. Morale and pressure are deadly weapons.
Multiplayer at its best: despite the Close Combat saga is a classic from the 90s, thousands of gamers still play it for its unparalleled realism in multiplayer battles today. The Bloody First keeps up with the tradition and adds a wide variety of new options.
- 1 Grand Campaign, 3 Theatre Campaigns (Tunisia, Sicily and Normandy), 11 Operations and 36 battles
- Completely revised 3D that brings a whole new look and feel to the classic Close Combat gameplay. The new 3D engine allows an increased level of detail (down to the specific types of ammunition used by each weapon) and more realistic movement and projectile physics.
- 32 completely new battlefield maps covering the rugged terrain of Tunisia (14 maps), the mountains and valleys of Sicily (11 maps) and the beaches and bocage of Normandy (11 maps)
- For the first time, the armed forces of Italy appear in an official release
- Over 50 different vehicles, 300+ infantry and heavy weapon teams and over 100+ weapons and including for the first time US equipment from 1942-43.
- All new graphics and effects
- New sound effects
- New terrain types to cover the jagged ridges of Tunisia and the rough, broken battlefields of Sicily
- Historic organizations covering the US 1st Infantry Division and its German and Italian opponents
- Integrated multi-player lobby and match-making forums.
Master Classic Battles
You must learn the art of attack and defence in battles such as Hill 350 and Kasserine Pass in Tunisia, Gela and Troina in Sicily, and
As you fight your way into and then across Europe from November 1942 to August 1944 you must overcome a wide range of diverse tactical challenges, such as commanding inexperienced troops being attacked by veteran panzers in North Africa, having to capture the bitterly defended town of Troina in the Sicilian mountains and of course storming across the sands of Omaha and into the ‘hedgerow hell’ of Normandy