Developer Pathos Interactive and publisher 2tainment GmbH revealed Bannermen real-time-strategy game will release on February 21, 2019 on PC via Steam. The game combines classic RTS elements such as base-building and resource management, with unique new environmental magic. These special spells allow players to summon lightning strikes, tornadoes, volcano outbursts, and more deadly nature-based effects which not only turn the tide of battle, but can change the face of the game world itself.
About Bannermen RTS Game
Bannermen takes place in the realm of Valtoria, a low-fantasy medieval world ravaged by decades of war, starvation, and natural disasters. Players take on the role of Lord Berrian trying to recapture his kingdom’s former glory, finding and rallying bannermen to battle against a host of tribes and the dark Lord Karthor. By utilizing nature powers — a core feature of Bannermen — players can leverage natural phenomena such as lightning strikes to electrocute armies, take advantage of dust storms that limit vision to sneak past enemies, and much more. With a fully story-driven campaign, each mission contains varied gameplay and challenges designed to push the narrative forward. Bannermen also provides online multiplayer modes with matchmaking and ladders.
“2tainment is always looking for great games and great developers, and we’ve found both with Bannermen and Pathos Interactive,” said Alexander Wagner, Product Manager, at 2tainment GmbH. “We think fans of RTS games will appreciate Pathos’ fresh approach to the genre and are excited for the upcoming release of the game.”
- Singleplayer Campaign; take on the role of a fallen lord on his journey back to become one of the mightiest in the realm.
- AI Skirmish; battle it out with an AI and fight for humanity.
- Ranked Matches; climb the online ladder either alone or as a duo to prove who is the best commander.
- Unranked Matches; try out new strategies or take it easy while still finding online matches easily.
- Custom Games; choose your own team composition and map with up to 8 players.