Steel Division: Normandy 44 released 5/23/2017 by Paradox Interactive is a tactical real-time strategy (RTS) game from Eugen Systems, playable on Windows PCs. Steel Division: Normandy 44 welcomes players to the world of 1944 World War II-era warfare with detailed and historically accurate weapons, tanks and troops. Players must use their tactical know-how to outmaneuver and outgun the enemy in big multiplayer battles, or go it alone in a hardcore single-player campaign. Additionally, the graphics are stunning, the AI is smart and players of the Wargame franchise should feel right at home here.
Lead legendary divisions from six different countries, such as the American 101st Airborne, the German Armored 21st Panzer, or the 3rd Canadian Division, all based on their actions and capabilities during the invasion of Normandy in 1944. Take command of over 400 units armed to the teeth with historically accurate weaponry. Maneuver your troops and push the front line against the enemy in multiplayer battles that feature ranked matches of up to 10-vs-10. Coordinate your selections of infantry, tanks and aircraft to create the ultimate military force and counter the enemy’s units.
- Real-world Tactics: Battles accurately reflect the movement of real-world armies with different units that unlock over time. A dynamic front line illustrates the ebb and flow of the conflict as you strategically corner your opponent’s infantry to gain the advantage and force a retreat, or fall back to regroup.
- Deep Strategy: Players have control over everything from battlegroups to troop positioning and maneuvering – thus, winning battles will call for more than just brute force, requiring real cunning and strategy. Each lost unit presents a growing tactical advantage for your opponent, and players will need to fight to gain – and keep – the upper hand.
- Real-world Setting: Seamlessly control a tactical aerial view to monitor your armies down to a single unit using the latest version of Eugen’s IRISZOOM engine. Furthermore, with 400 different real-world vehicles and units designed with careful detail, Steel Division boasts textbook-ready historical accuracy including maps based on actual aerial reconnaissance photos of Normandy in 1944.
Control Hundreds of Historically Accurate Units:
Whether fighting for control in intense multiplayer battles with up to 10-vs-10 players going head-to-head, playing alone or working with friends in ranked matches, players will need to coordinate their selection of historically accurate infantry, tanks, aircraft, and support vehicles to counter enemy units in this Tactical RTS game.
While commanding infantry, tanks, and vehicles, to troop positioning and real-time engagement with the enemy, players will need to be clever and resourceful in order to win. Consequently, every unit counts as the battle presses on, and raw firepower alone will not be enough to claim victory. Regardless whether viewing the entire battle from an aerial perspective, or following a single tank into a firefight, players will need to cleverly manage the dynamic front line in order to execute ambushes and advances.
Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 with Service Pack 1
- Processor: Intel i5-2300 or equivalent
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 2GB AMD 7970 or nVidia 770 or greater
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 32 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
**Source: Eugen Systems and Paradox Interactive