Red Jake Studios announces Tip of the Spear: Task Force Elite, a multiplayer first-person shooter game inspired by classic titles from the late 1990s and early 2000s. Tip of the Spear: Task Force Elite is slated to launch on Steam Early Access on December 18, 2019, with the full release coming later in 2020.
About Tip of the Spear: Task Force Elite
Tip of the Spear: Task Force Elite is an online multiplayer FPS with old school roots. Players engage in infantry combat across urban and terrain-based maps in classic game modes, like Team King of the Hill, and can master a realistic ballistics system.
Combat takes players into close quarters urban environments and spans across expansive mountainous landscapes over 10 square miles in size (16 square kilometers). Players will storm compounds, raid tunnels, assault towns, and snipe along mountains in tactical player-vs-player battles with up to 50 players. Tip of the Spear: Task Force Elite provides players with an easy learning curve and deep mechanics, including realistic ballistics and bullet drop that allow snipers to gauge a target’s distance, adjust their scope’s elevation, and land a shot from over a mile away.
- Infantry-only tactical FPS action with up to 50 players
- Gameplay inspired by classic FPS titles from the late 1990s and early 2000s
- Designated bases prevent enemies from randomly spawning behind players
- Three game modes at launch: Team King of the Hill, Team Deathmatch, and Deathmatch (Capture the Flag and more to be released for free during Early Access)
- Five maps available at Early Access launch, with five more in development (included for free with Early Access)
- Four distinct classes: Assault, Medic, Sniper, and Gunner
- Planned support map editor and Mod Support with Steam Workshop
- Regularly released content will include new maps, weapons, gadgets, stats, skins, clan support, and more
Tip of the Spear: Task Force Elite will feature classic game modes including Team Deathmatch, Team King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, and more. The developers will regularly update the Early Access release with free content, including new levels, new game modes, skin customization, a map editor, clan support, and more.
Early Access Details
- Launch Date: December 18, 2019
- Early Access Price: $24.99 (launch discount to be announced)
- Game Modes: Team Deathmatch & Team King of the Hill (additional game modes in development)
- 5 at launch (5+ additional maps in development)
Purchasing the Early Access version of the game grants players access to the full game for free when it launches later in 2020. Get the latest news from the official website for Tip of the Spear: Task Force Elite or visit the Steam store page. Also, join in the conversation by joining the official Discord channel.