Lesser Evil Games announced its dark RPG The Executioner, which thrusts players into the shoes of a torturer, releases today via Steam, Wednesday, September 25th. Purchasers may enjoy a launch discount of 15% until October 2nd.
The Executioner is a multi-part epic adventure into the cruel and unforgiving political sphere of medieval times, starting with the base game, releasing on September 25th.
Partially inspired by the famous Milgram experiment – a study on obedience in psychology, this brutal tale will follow the newly appointed Royal Executioner on a journey to retain his sanity in the darkest of times.
“We were inspired to create this game by a question: ‘How do people, whose work is inflicting pain and killing other humans, actually live?’Lead Writer, Elena Sivakova
We believe that our game provides an opportunity to live through a hard, painful and rather dark experience – and experience the ethical trap in which the participants of the Milgram experiment were caught. We want our players to fully understand the price of a lesser evil.”
Through A Torturer’s Eyes
The Executioner puts you in the shoes of a man who tortures people for a living and has to fight to preserve his own waning sanity.
Fusing elements of traditional roleplaying with
- Your own torture chamber – study your victims, find their weak spot, and use your extensive arsenal (or their loved ones) to break them.
- An occult underground – a town filled with rich mysticism built around Medieval artefacts: the Hand of Glory, Mandrake Root, and Tarot Cards.
- A dark economy – a market in dead flesh, with you as the main supplier.
- A walking lie detector – your character’s unique perceptive abilities make him a walking lie detector and
opensthe door into the occult.
- Staying sane – as a torturer and executioner, you’ll need to constantly manage your sanity to survive in this world.