Execution Unit announced after four years of development the cutting edge high-def voxel twin stick shooter Smith and Winston has entered early access on Steam for Windows, Linux and macOS.
About Smith and Winston
Smith and Winston is a twin stick voxel shooter with limitless level destruction, exploration and full 3D combat. Featuring hand-crafted, high definition, voxel levels with the philosophy that “if you can see it, you can destroy it”.
Guide Smith and Winston, two hapless adventurers, as you explore a shattered ring world and uncover its dark secrets. Fight the aliens, uncover the truth of the mysterious VOID and prevent impending doom.
It’s been a long four years creating unique technology to create an engine flexible enough to showcase Smith and Winston at 60 fps with massively destructive environments.
With a fully destructible environment, Ikari Warrior and Metroid influences, the design challenges were immense but we think we’ve cracked it and made it look as sexy as hell!Charlie Harbour – Art/Desig
- Full Controller Support.
- Full Keyboard Support.
- Steam Achievement Support.
- Local save games (Steam cloud coming soon).
- Full sound and music support.
- Full video support (fullscreen toggle, vsync toggle, brightness adjust resolution select).
- 12/25 level fully playable.
- 1/3 bosses impemented.
- Sound design for the weapons, pickups, explosions and enemies is complete.
- The levels are fun to play. All levels available include enemies to kill, items to collect and places to explore, there are no empty, direction-less, meaningless levels to get lost in.