Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption, a boss battler action-RPG from publisher Another Indie will come to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows and Mac, in Q1 2018. The game is being developed by Dark Star Game Studios, a team composed of AAA veterans including a former Ubisoft art director, a Blizzard technical artist, and a Konami senior programmer, Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption will be playable for the first time at Gamescom in hall 3, stand D-01B, booth 370, then will make its North American debut at PAX West in booth 7315.
Adam, a fallen soldier on a quest to save his soul, will face eight abhorrent bosses, the first seven each based on one of the deadly sins. Before each clash, Adam must make a sacrifice to enter combat and choose a stat to level down. Each fight will be tougher than the last and force players to carefully choose their actions in battle, aided by a variety of unlockable weapons.
The action is framed by a desolate afterlife in which Adam seeks to restore his memories and atone for his sins. How he interacts with each boss will ultimately decide his fate in one of multiple endings.
- Engage in a dark and harrowing tale of sacrifice and redemption
- Master various weapons and items in your struggle against sin
- Battle a horde of carefully crafted bosses based on the sins of the protagonist
- Master Sinner’s hard but fair combat and bring peace to Adam’s tortured soul
- Experience Sinner’s unique “level-down” gameplay as you sacrifice your strength and stats to battle sins incarnate
- Unlock multiple endings
- Enjoy new game modes and re-playable features
“Sinner is not another game where the player grows stronger to fight the final boss on equal footing,” says Iain Garner, Director of Developer Relations at Another Indie. “Adam will struggle with his physical prowess as well as his internal need for atonement, and his ultimate test will be his most challenging.”