Kalypso Media is giving RPG fans the chance to be among the first to play the closed beta for upcoming RPG Shadows: Awakening by pre-ordering ahead of the game’s release in late summer 2018. As well as instant access to the closed beta (launching at 18:00 GMT today), fans will also unlock the Legendary Armory pack, a digital artbook, the digital soundtrack (available at launch) as well as a 15% discount.
By pre-purchasing Shadows: Awakening and securing instant access to the closed beta, players get the chance to charge into the adventure before the official release AND unlock three additional bonus items when the game launches in full. The Legendary Armory pack contains three mighty weapons and three mythical armor sets to steel your hero for the battles ahead. Also included is a digital artbook showcasing a range of stunning illustrations and concept artworks from the world of Shadows: Awakening. As if this wasn’t enough, you can also treat your ears to the digital soundtrack, featuring the game’s atmospheric and compelling musical score.
Kalypso is also giving you the chance to get even closer to the development of Shadows: Awakening with the release of a teaser featurette video shot on location at Games Farm’s HQ in Košice, Slovakia. The featurette offers an exclusive look at the game world, along with the character progression and unique party systems, with interviews from Peter Nagy – Creative Director, Ján Turán – Programming Lead and Peter Horňák – Game Design and Scripting Lead.
About Shadows: Awakening
Shadows: Awakening is the new adventure in the Heretic Kingdoms saga. After the members of the secret council known as the Penta Nera are assassinated, their souls are consumed by the Devourers – evil demons which possess the ability to absorb the memories and personalities of the souls they acquire and materialize them as their puppets. Re-emerging into the mortal realm once again, the demonic Penta Nera continue their quest for power and immortality, but at what cost?
Shadows: Awakening is a unique, isometric single-player RPG with real-time tactical combat. You take control of a demon summoned from the Shadow Realm – the Devourer – to consume the souls of long-dead heroes and embark on an epic adventure with challenging gameplay, a gripping storyline and enchanting graphics. Do you have the focus and wits to master the world of the Heretic Kingdoms? Gather your party, control powerful heroes and use their skills to your advantage. But who is in charge… the demon, or the souls that it has devoured? It’s up to you to either thwart a major threat and save the world, or to plunge it into complete disaster…
- A Tale of Two Worlds – In a parallel universe inhabited by demons and monsters; seamlessly switch between the Shadow Realm and the mortal plane and witness a gripping storyline in a world full of myths, destinies and legendary creatures.
- Unique Party System – multiple characters in one demon, each retaining their own personalities with internal dialogues, rivalries and communication between the characters.
- Wide variety of Skills and Characters – Choose from 3 heroes, each with their own personal storylines, quests and dialogues. Consume the souls of 14 playable characters, each with their own unique skillsets, like Kalig the Bandit King and Evia, Daughter of Fire.
- Tactical Real-Time Combat – Combine the skills of your various characters to maximize the effects of your devastating skills and spells.
- Extensive Gameplay – 20+ hours for a single playthrough, but with substantial options for replayability which accumulate to 60+ hours for the full experience.
- Challenging Puzzles – Complex puzzles are scattered throughout the game, and will take you through a vibrant set of locations, from rustic towns to the deepest and darkest of dungeons.
- Crafting and Looting System – Expanded crafting and looting system will let you use rewards to configure the ultimate adventurer.
- Fully Voiced – All dialogues are fully narrated, including actors like Tom Baker
Shadows: Awakening Pre-Order Info
Shadows: Awakening is scheduled for release on Windows PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One in late summer 2018. To save 15%, go to the Steam store page and pre-order today, additionally you’ll receive instant access to the beta currently going on.