The old-school tycoon game is back but with a modern twist as Kasedo Games today announced that Rise of Industry early access, by Dapper Penguin Studios, is starting on 9th February 2018 for PC.
The announcement follows a hugely successful spell in early Alpha, in which Rise of Industry became the top selling game of 2017 on Itch.io gathering an already devoted community and was subsequently voted into the top four realistic simulation games of 2017 on IndieDB.com.
Rise of Industry Early Access
“We’re so excited to finally be bringing Rise of Industry to Early Access after an amazing and very busy couple of years developing the game, pouring all of our talent, love and care” said Alex Mochi, CEO, Designer & Producer at Dapper Penguin Studios. “We want to hit the ground running in Early Access, and already having over 15000 people who have played the game means that we have been able to use their feedback to deliver the best game possible as we continue with development, making sure it ends up a genre classic”.
Although there is already a lot in the game, such as sandbox and career mode, an updated development roadmap shows the sheer amount of additional content which will be coming during Early Access and beyond release. Modding, multiplayer, massive maps, full localisation in several languages and much more is all to come this year.
“There are many hours of challenging and extremely stable gameplay already in Rise of Industry and as the roadmap shows, we’ve got so much more to come with regular and sizeable updates coming throughout Early Access” continues Alex. “We’re always open to our community to answer any questions or address any feedback they may have and our Discord and social media channels continue to grow everyday”.
About Rise of Industry
Designed with an eye towards both accessibility and depth, Rise of Industry has enough strategic complexity and replayability to satisfy the most experienced fans of the genre, while its simple-to-understand mechanics ensure that new players will love it as well.
- Experience tailored for every player – Specialise in just trading, production, gathering or any combination and research your way to bigger and better things.
- Use PR & Marketing to gain favour (or repair damage) with your business partners.
- Choose from over 100 individual products and manage the manufacturing process from harvesting raw materials all the way to delivering the end product to local stores & townspeople?
- Build and manage a solid transportation network to enable efficient transfer of goods via plentiful trucks, speedy trains and high capacity airships.
- Be prepared for fierce competition – Advanced town and city A.I., make for an intelligent and changing game world so you won’t be the only one looking for the best deal.
- Town personalities – adapt a suitable approach for every town or face their economic backlash.
- Huge, procedurally generated maps mean that you’ll always have room to expand your empire into whether in testing scenarios or sandbox mode where imagination is your only limit.
- Be quick to adapt to the current business climate with contracts, random events and quests keeping you on your toes and cash flowing in.
- Balance environmental impact with productivity, trying to meet your neighboring town’s demands.
- Ever-changing biomes will present different environmental challenges as you aim to make the most out of the map – Lose potential oil reserves as polluted tundra melts into fields or fertile grassland wilts and dies into arid desert.
- Ready for global domination? Bend and break your friends into economic submission in multiplayer-mode*
*multiplayer mode coming shortly post release
More Information on Rise of Industry Early Access