The Lo-Fi Apocalypse announces its asymmetrical multiplayer game OBEY has launched out of Early Access and is now available as a full release for $7.99 on Steam. Tourney matches running throughout launch week for both new and old players alike.
OBEY is a unique asymmetrical multiplayer action game where winning means bribing and coercing your opponents into helping you win, and making themselves lose. To win, a player must make the most money by the end of the round. To make money the fastest, you must control the Robo. This allows you to enforce your will by using deadly force, as long as you can find any misbehaving opponents hiding in the dark.
However, experienced OBEY players know that it is not always in their interest to simply kill the approaching adversaries, but instead entice opponents to do their bidding… and that’s where things get interesting!
- Unique asymmetrical multiplayer gameplay mechanics
- Social and Psychological King-of-the-hill gameplay
- Stealth Gameplay mechanics
- Supports user-created maps
- A buffet of items to creatively influence or trick opponents
- A complex world that allows for almost unlimited forms of deception
- Emergent gameplay springs from player psychology and self interest
- Explosive effects
- Really cool robot to control and explode bunnies with
- No internet connection required with local LAN support
“…[OBEY] is a tense, fast-paced King of the Hill-type encounter where the balance of power is constantly shifting and is not always in the hands of the only person with actual weaponry.”HardcoreGamer
Obey is available on Windows, Mac, and Linux for $7.99 on Steam. A 4-pack bundle is also available to purchase for $19.99. Both are on sale now through May 19th with a 38% discount. Also, join in the discussion on Obey’s Discord channel or follow the developer Lo-Fi Apocalypse on Twitter for the latest news.