Are you ready to have your social skills tested? Yes, you heard right: The strategy multiplayer survival RPG Grimmwood strands you in an abandoned village together with 39 other people – friends & strangers. In this constellation, you quickly learn to play as a well-organized team for the sake of you own survival, since death comes swift and unexpected. As you can imagine, antisocial behaviour won’t get you far.
About Grimmwood Survival RPG
You’re in a village in an ageless, mystical forest, together with up to 40 other strangers all of which are real, live players. Together you need to defend your village against the merciless monster hordes who unleash their wrath against your shelter every night. Use the daytime wisely to explore, gather resources, upgrade and repair. But to be able to do all that you have to eat, drink and rest, because every action in the game takes its toll on your stamina and sanity.
Every night monsters attack your village. Use the daytime and your stamina points to explore the procedurally generated forest, find weapons and useful items, collect food and resources to upgrade and forficate the village. Share tasks and decisions with the other players and work together, because night by night the monsters attacks will become more fierce… And the village must survive at all costs!
The world of Grimmwood is engulfed by a nameless 16th century war raging across the continent. The Villagers are common folk, refugees from the big cities who seek sanctuary in the depths of the ageless Forest. Many of them have lost their loved ones and all their belongings… everything but their will to live and see another day.
The village which the survivors have discovered deep in the Great Forest seems a lot older – probably even with by centuries. It is destitute of any signs of life – nothing to even hint on what might have happened to its former inhabitants.
The Great Forest is old and vast. There are things here never seen by any man… who lived to tell the tale. The villagers are not wanted here – they only disturb the natural order of things in this dark and secluded part of the world.
The Mystical Forces
A lot of things that happen in the Great Forest go beyond anything the villagers have ever experienced or have the capacity for understanding. Resurrection, mystical artifacts, herbs and potions with amazing effects on the human body – there’s a lot to be discovered, examined… and probably feared.
- Against all Odds: Survive by turning a bunch of strangers into a sworn fellowship.
- Every Game is a new Journey: Huge, procedurally generated hex grid forest map to explore – 600 tiles in size!
- Choose your Path wisely: Every action costs stamina points of which you have only a limited number each day.
- Continuous Asynchronous Multiplayer: Log in at any time during the real-time 24-hour day cycle to gear up with your fellow villagers and fortify the defenses or venture into the wild together.
- Keep your Body and Soul in check: Sanity and condition systems which will, directly and indirectly, affect your efficiency and playstyle.
- Strong Emphasis on Social Interaction: In-game Chat and Forum, where all key decisions are put up for discussion.
- Permadeath, Roguelike Elements: Everything you bring with you to the next Village is your knowledge and your ingenuity.
- Play by the Rules – or don’t: Vote to expel the Villagers who don’t contribute to the Village survival or simply try to ruin everybody’s experience.
Beta Players Bring Improvements
Since the beginning of the Grimmwood Open Beta in early May, more than 20.000 players joined the villages in these dark woods and sent back lots of feedback to the developers. Since then, Grimmwood has significantly improved in terms of gameplay, functionality and replay-ability.
The lately added Blitz Mode perfectly extracts the game’s key mechanics for smaller villages. You and nine other players are now able to play the game with a completely different approach. Blitz Mode is best suited for playing in long sessions as well as highly recommended for influencers.
Newly Added Features
- Added local map markers to create specific routes
- Move directly on the Global Map (as an alternative to the Local Map movement)
- Monsters drop loot now and are fully animated
- Terrain-specific sound ambience
- 40 players per village in normal mode
- 10 villagers in Blitz Mode
- The different weapons have special effects during night attacks
- Soundtrack added to the game, there wasn’t any music before