Immerse yourself in the tormented after-life that is purgatoryin “Silent Descent” as it leaves Early Access today on Steam. Silent Descent is a highly-immersive first-person horror game with a rich and engaging atmosphere. Trapped in purgatory, you play as Samuel Harris who roams in an endless loop of anguish, pain and suffering. Can you find a way to save a tormented man’s soul?
Forever Tormented, Between Heaven and Hell
“In 2009, a man named Samuel Harris was arrested for the death of his wife Maria. Police found the man huddled over her corpse whimpering strange inaudible words. Police records show that there was no sign of a break-in, and no further evidence was found of a third party. An open and shut case. Later that year while awaiting his trial, Samuel hung himself in his cell. Some cheered, for in their minds he was a monster, destined for Hell. Others say, due to his suicide, he will be forever tormenting in the space between Heaven and Hell; in Purgatory. Either way, may God have mercy on his soul!” – Father James Francis.
Silent Descent Highly Immersive
Taking inspiration the Silent Hill series, Silent Descent is a highly-immersive first-person puzzle horror game with a rich and engaging atmosphere. Play as Samuel Harris, who is cursed to roam an endless loop of his personal purgatory, all for the crimes and sins he committed during the time he was alive.
“Silent Descent has been in Early Access for the past few months, and the response has been great. This has also allowed us acquire extremely valuable feedback such as game the game’s difficulty and puzzles.” said Gavin Powell, game director. “With the final update to game scheduled to be released on the day of the game’s release, we are very excited to show everyone the completed game.”
- Atmospheric Environments – An eerie immersive and detail world is waiting for you to explore.
- Psychological Experience – Silent Descent has been designed to provide a psychological horror experience.
- Game-play – Intuitive mechanics and controls.
- Enemies – Multiple enemies types of the after-life. You are the hunted, not the hunter.
- Puzzle Elements – Collect and harness items to aid your survival and progression.
- Resolution and Graphics – 4K support.
- Audio – Features an intense and immersive sound design.
- Random Encounters – Enemies can spawn dynamically and can be located anywhere. Nowhere is safe.
- Story – Silent Descent’s setting and story is loosely based on real life events.