Coffee Stain Publishing and Ghost Ship Games revealed that Deep Rock Galactic is out of Early Access as it goes 1.0 on Steam, Xbox One, and the Microsoft Store. Deep Rock Galactic’s burly dwarf miners first began excavating Hoxxes VI in 2016 when the game launched in Early Access on Steam. Selling over a million units to date, and boasting a Discord community with over 100,000 members, the game has proven a huge Early Access success story.
“We honestly believe that since the Early Access launch we’ve managed to build one of the best gaming communities in the galaxy. We’ve developed Deep Rock Galactic alongside them and today we’re absolutely thrilled to throw back some beers in the Abyss Bar and celebrate the 1.0 launch. 1.0 is a new beginning for Deep Rock Galactic. Whilst we’re thrilled with the game today, we still have huge plans to continue expanding and improving. Our focus has always been co-op first, in terms of gameplay and open development alongside our community, and we’ll be releasing an updated roadmap soon.”Mikkel Martin Pedersen, Game Director & Co-founder, Ghost Ship Games
About Deep Rock Galactic
Deep Rock Galactic is a co-op-first FPS for Steam and Xbox featuring badass space Dwarves, 100% destructible environments, procedurally-generated caves, and endless hordes of alien monsters.
DRG focuses on creating a one-of-a-kind co-op experience with four specialized classes, a plethora of heavy weaponry and high-tech gadgets, and next-level space mining to collect gold, gems, and other precious minerals for your corporate overlords.
Hoxxes IV has the highest concentration of valuable minerals ever discovered; however, everything on the planet from the creatures to the fauna is extremely hostile. Good thing Deep Rock Galactic employs the best
space miners in the universe, Dwarves! Combining two things Dwarves love most, mining and killing monsters, this is the perfect job for any proud space-faring Dwarf.
- 1 to 4 player Co-Op: Work together as a team to dig, explore, and fight your way through massive cave systems filled with hordes of deadly enemies and valuable resources.
- 4 Unique Classes: Mow through enemies as the Gunner, scout ahead and light up the caves as the Scout, chew through solid rock as the Driller, or support the team with defensive structures and turrets as the Engineer.
- Fully Destructible Environments: Destroy everything around you to reach your goal. There is no set path so you can complete your mission your way. But proceed with caution, you don’t want to stumble into an alien swarm unprepared!
- Procedurally Generated Cave Network: Explore a network of procedurally generated cave systems filled with enemies to fight and riches to collect.
- High-Tech Gadgets and Weapons: Clean the caves of Hoxxes IV with the CSPR Flamethrower and the “Lead Storm” Powered Minigun, light the way with flares, tackle tough terrain with the Reinforced Power Drill and reach new heights with the grappling hook.
Deep Rock Galactic full release is available now on Steam, Xbox One & Microsoft Store for $29.99/€29.99/£24.99.
To learn more about Deep Rock Galactic visit deeprockgalactic.com and follow them on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, and join the Deep Rock Galactic Discord.