Developer Montebearo and Goblinz Studio announced today that their hand-drawn deckbuilder Banners of Ruin is coming to PC on Steam in early access on July 30th. Banners of Ruin is Montebearo’s first commercial game while Goblinz Studio has worked on a number of games including Dungeon Rushers and Legend of Keepers.
About Banners of Ruin
Banners of Ruin is a party based deck building game set in a world of medieval animals. Travel with up to six characters through the streets of Dawn’s Point, facing perilous combat encounters at each turn. Take revenge on the Enders for what they did to the noble House Blackfoot, but expect to lose some brothers along the way.
Players will build a deck and fight a series of turn-based combats with up to 6 party characters through the city of Dawn’s Point. Each character can unlock a set of unique cards and abilities that can then augment the player’s deck in powerful and exciting ways.
It’s a deadly game of thrones for the Blackfoots, now a shadow of their former self, as they rise to oppose House Ender and the ruin that follows its path. Some will die along the way – but there will always be others to carry the torch of the Blackfoots! Just dust yourself off and try again!
Banners of Ruin has been designed for high replayability; each run awards tokens to unlock new cards and passives for all future runs, roguelike style.
- Build your deck by looting, buying, and unlocking a myriad of cards.
- Beavers and Bears? Or Wolves and Weasels? Build a party of up to 6 throughout your run to battle your foes.
- 6 Races to explore with unique racial card pools and passives to choose from.
- Ding! Level up your characters to unlock talent cards and powerful passives that can drastically impact your strategy.
- Loot! Collect weapons and armor to bolster your ranks with interesting effects and abilities.
- Which way? Navigate the streets in a dynamic card-driven campaign.
- Decisions. Reveal and engage in varying encounters on your journey which can have positive and negative outcomes.
- Fight an increasingly challenging array of enemies with exciting AI behaviors.
- Another failed attempt? Earn tokens after every run to unlock new cards and passives into the game to help you achieve victory.