Developer Matrix Games announced the next instalment in their Close Combat series, Close Combat: The Bloody First. After a long gestation that aims to bring the whole IP to newer technology, the game is now almost ready to deploy. Well into its beta and with a release date that is now approaching fast, the Big Red One now also has a well-deserved Official Trailer.
About Close Combat: The Bloody First
Lead the US 1st Infantry Division, better known as “The Big Red One”, from the sand dunes of North Africa and Sicily invasion to D-Day landing beaches in Normandy. The Bloody First combines the Close Combat classic gameplay to the new 3D Archon engine: a new level of graphics details, more realistic units movement, same old unrivalled RTS tactical gameplay.
As you fight your way into and then across Europe from November 1942 to August 1944 you must overcome a wide range of diverse tactical challenges, commanding inexperienced troops being attacked by veteran panzers in North Africa, having to capture the bitterly defended town of Troina in the Sicilian mountains and of course storming across the sands of Omaha, into the “hedgerow hell” of Normandy.
- 1 Grand Campaign, 3 Theatre Campaigns (Tunisia, Sicily and Normandy), 11 Operations and 36 battles
- Completely revised 3D that brings a whole new look and feel to the classic Close Combat gameplay. The new 3D engine allows an increased level of detail (down to the specific types of ammunition used by each weapon) and more realistic movement and projectile physics.
- 32 completely new battlefield maps covering the rugged terrain of Tunisia (14 maps), the mountains and valleys of Sicily (11 maps) and the beaches and bocage of Normandy (11 maps)
- For the first time, the armed forces of Italy appear in an official release
- Over 50 different vehicles, 300+ infantry and heavy weapon teams
and over100+ weapons and including for the first time US equipment from 1942-43.
- All new graphics and effects
- New sound effects
- New terrain types to cover the jagged ridges of Tunisia and the rough, broken battlefields of Sicily
- Historic organizations covering the US 1st Infantry Division and its German and Italian opponents
- Integrated multi-player lobby and match-making forums.
The original Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is available on Steam. To learn more about Close Combat: The Bloody First, check out the official website. Additionally, check out the Steam store page to wishlist this latest addition to the Close Combat series. Lastly, f