Publisher Super.com and developer PortaPlay announced a Q1 2020 release date for the upcoming alternate-history World War II (WWII) title, Broken Lines. Broken Lines is a story-driven tactical RPG about a small and disorganized squad, who are stranded behind enemy lines during WW2.
About Broken Lines
The squad has crash-landed behind enemy lines, in the heart of Eastern Europe. With no officers, no leaders, and no intel, they must find an unbreakable resolve if they are to survive.
But with only their training and instincts to guide them, survival becomes a difficult goal. First of all, they need to learn to work together to have any hope of coping with the challenges ahead.
Each survivor has their own views on what to do, and their own principles on what is acceptable. Some want to investigate what caused their crash, others want to stay low and avoid detection by the enemy. There are even whispers of desertion.
It is your task to be the unseeing hand that will guide this ragtag group of soldiers through their struggles. Make your decisions wisely, for they will have real consequences on the fates of the survivors.
Plenty To Love
“We partnered with Super.com because we knew they would help us bring Broken Lines to completion and showcase it to a wider audience, and today, we are pleased to announce that partnership is coming to fruition. We believe traditional turn-based strategy gamers will tremendously enjoy Broken Lines, and there’s plenty to love for those that crave a rich story-driven experience and a look at the impact that war has on the human psyche.”Hans von Knut Skovfoged, Creative Director at PortaPlay
Fluid And Realistic Gameplay
In this alternate version of WWII, enemies are both mysterious military units and the soldiers’ own hopes and fears as they confront the mental and physical horrors of war during their struggle to return to friendly territory. Broken Lines combines a tactical-RPG playstyle with a “pause and play” format. This offers players more fluid and realistic gameplay with the action automatically pausing when new dangers appear, allowing the player to respond to the new tactical situation.
- Tactical RPG with diverse characters. Experience the story through the eyes of each soldier as they fight for survival in an alternate WW2 setting.
- Turn-based planning with simultaneous execution (WeGo turn-based gameplay)
- Authentic tactical choices: suppression, destructible cover, realistic ballistics, and camouflage are at your disposal.
- Rogue-like campaign structured with different narrative paths, resources, and permadeath.
- A challenge for even the most experienced gamer. A far-reaching moral system means that the soldiers may desert at any moment if you prove to be incompetent.
- An emotional story, tense atmosphere, and multiple endings based on the decisions that you make.
Coming To PC And Switch
Broken Lines tactical rpg releases on PC and Nintendo Switch in Q1 of 2020. To get the latest news and release updates, check out the official website. In addition, you can go ahead and wishlist the game now on Steam. Follow Broken Lines on Twitter or join the discussion on Discord.