Bohemia Interactive announced the release date for the upcoming Arma 3 Tanks DLC and revealed the DLC’s content and features. Available on April 11, Tanks DLC will conclude Arma 3’s current development roadmap by introducing a brand new Main Battle Tank, Armored Weapons Carrier, Tank Destroyer, a short singleplayer mini-campaign, and a singleplayer Showcase scenario.
Free Platform Update Too!
Tanks DLC will be accompanied by a major platform update. This update will be free for everyone who owns Arma 3, and implements a range of new gameplay features and bonus content related to armored vehicles, such as fully-modeled 3D interiors, more targeting options, new launchers and additional vehicle variants, decorative objects for scenario creators, a competitive multiplayer mode, and more.
Arma 3 Tanks DLC Key Features
- T-140 Angara – The T-140 Angara is a Main Battle Tank (MBT) of Russian design and is used by the CSAT faction. This vehicle is built to deliver maximum destruction, while providing the best kind of protection to its crew. The Angara’s primary weapon is a new 125 mm cannon, which can fire three different kinds of ammunition, and has a longer effective range than the cannons on most Western tanks. Its secondary weapons are a 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun and a 12.7 mm heavy machine gun. Aside from the regular T-140, the Angara also comes in the T-140K ‘Commander’ variant, which replaces the heavy machine gun for a 30 mm autocannon, and is equipped with sensors to share target data via the Data Link with other units.
- AWC Nyx – The Nyx Armored Weapons Carrier (AWC) is of German engineering descent, but was licensed and modified by the AAF faction. Its smaller size makes it relatively fast and mobile, and even allows for it to be slingloaded by the CH-49 Mohawk helicopter. The Nyx comes in four variants: Anti-Tank, Anti-Air, Recon, and the Autocannon variant. All of these variants wear an armor jacket that is able to withstand 7.62 ammunition, but each vehicle variant carries different types of weapons or equipment to serve specific needs on the battlefield. Just like the other new vehicles in this DLC, the Nyx is available in multiple liveries.
- Rhino MGS – The Rhino is a wheeled Armored Fighting Vehicle (AFV) that is purpose-built to fight against tanks. For this reason, it’s also referred to as a ‘Tank Destroyer’. The Rhino MGS has a 120 mm cannon, which can fire all kinds of standard rounds, but also the new MARUK ATGM. It has a secondary weapon in the form of a coaxial .338 magnum machine gun. The Rhino also comes in the UP variant. This variant features an additional remote 12.7 mm heavy machine gun turret, and improved protection in the form of cage and ERA armor. It makes the UP more suitable for Military Operations in Urban Terrain (MOUT), but does add weight and limits options for transport. Both variants of the Rhino are connected to the Data Link, which enables them to lock onto targets picked up or painted by friendly armed forces.
- “Altis Requiem” Mini-Campaign – Over the course of three singleplayer scenarios, you assume the role of an AAF tank commander, and you get to experience the opposite perspective of the NATO offensive featured in Arma 3’s vanilla “The East Wind” campaign. Here, you’re placed in command of the new AWC Nyx in the fight against the FIA. Later you’re also presented with the opportunity to operate the new T-140 Angara Main Battle Tank. This short mini-campaign leads to different possible endings based on your playstyle and performance.
- Showcase Tank Destroyers – In this singleplayer Showcase scenario, you play as a NATO crewman on board the new Rhino MGS UP. This Tank Destroyer has similar firepower to a Main Battle Tank, but is much more vulnerable in terms of armor protection. As such, you will need to make good use of the Rhino’s speed and maneuverability to complete your objectives.
Arma 3 Platform Update
Tanks DLC will be complemented by a major free platform update (version 1.82). This update introduces free new features and bonus content for all owners of Arma 3:
- One of the highlight of this update is the addition of fully-modeled 3D interiors for all armored vehicles in Arma 3. On top of that, the overall experience of operating armored vehicles will be enhanced in the form of improved handling, an extended damage model, vehicle customization options, and upgraded audio.
- Moreover, players will be able to make use of various new targeting options while fighting with or against armored vehicles; the Fire-Control System (FCS) automatically measures the range and speed of a target, adjusts a weapon’s zeroing, and calculates the lead to increase the chances of a first-round hit, whereas new missile flight profiles and capabilities enable players to fire missiles in either a direct or top-down attack mode. The update will also add support for terrain-following munitions, plus a few weapons will now also have the ability to lock-on after launch.
- Aside from new features, the free platform update will also introduce a new team-vs-team multiplayer mode called “Vanguard”, 3 new Time Trial Challenges for the new DLC vehicles, as well as free bonus content such as 2 new anti-tank launchers, and new vehicle variants of the Offroad pickup and Light Strike Vehicles that carry a mounted launcher.
- Lastly, Arma 3 content creators will be able to make use of a variety of free new decorative objects via the in-game Scenario Editor.
Pre-Order Is Available Now
Arma 3 Tanks DLC is now available for pre-order with a 10% pre-order discount on the Bohemia Store and Steam (original price: $ 11.99 / € 9.99 / £ 8.99). People can also pick up the Arma 3 DLC Bundle 2 (includes Jets, Laws of War, Tac-Ops Mission Pack, and Tanks DLC) at $ 24.99 / € 22.99 / £ 19.99, which saves you more than 25% over purchasing each DLC separately.0