Aoca Game Lab, an indie company from Salvador, Bahia, Brazil, just announced the release date for their debut title, Arida: Backland’s Awakening. The game featuring a story of survival and adventure in the Brazilian backlands releases on Steam August 15th, 2019.
About Arida: Backland’s Awakening
There is a place inside Brazil that is called backlands. A dry environment but filled with life, marked by the strength and perseverance from those who live in small villages there.
In Arida: Backland’s
Players must explore the ambient and solve quests to obtain tools for surviving the great drought. Inspired by graffiti aesthetic and games like Ocarina of Time, Arida paints its fantastical world with a fusion of vibrant colors and ambient sounds to set the stage for an immersive narrative.
- Equipped to venture out: To survive in the backlands you will need some equipment. Use the machete and hoe for essential actions such as getting water, opening paths or cutting a corn crop. But do not forget to have a handful of grindstones because blunt equipment is of no use!
- Get ready with recipes: To live in the backlands you need to be wise. The fauna and flora are unusual, so try to learn the recipes available for crafting with the typical items of the region. Maybe one day you need to cross the backlands
- Interact to survive: Hunger and thirst can be very cruel in the backlands during the drought. Ask for help for the elders of your village and solve their quests to get some water and food.
- Explore to know: Explore the most arid regions to learn more about the backlands and find the resources you need to stay on your way. A full inventory is always a good idea!
- Stories to learn: The Brazilian Backlands is a special place, with many stories that would only happen there. Venture out to search for the collectible lost objects and find out more about the legends of the backlands.