Trion Worlds’ and XLGAMES’ free-to-play fantasy MMO, continues to push the limits of what open world MMOs can accomplish with the launch of ArcheAge: Erenor Eternal Free Expansion. Featuring something for new and veteran players alike, Erenor Eternal offers a mix of new content and updates to existing core systems that bring significant improvements to the overall ArcheAge experience.
ArcheAge: Erenor Eternal free expansion features:
- New Zones: Several new zones have been added, including the oceanic Whaleswell Strait, the secluded Aegis Island, and the massive Whalesong Harbor. Also, there will new quests, leveling areas, and even a new housing province.
- New Open World Battlegrounds: The new Aegis Island is home to the three-phase Tower of Ipnya, while the four-phase Containment Tower in Whalesong Harbor lets players utilize mines and cannon objects. Upon completion of either tower, players will be rewarded with Honor and materials used to craft the new Erenor equipment.
New Tier and Improvements for Crafted Gear:
- The new Erenor tier of crafted gear allows players to continue advancing existing Divine grade Ayanad weapons, armor, and accessories. In addition, a new simplified equipment crafting flow and RNG completely removed. Not only will all tiers of crafted items be upgradable as long they meet the grade requirements, but rather than “unsealing” crafted items to discover random results, players will instead “uncloak” them and select the variant they want.
- Regrade Changes – The regrade system has been reworked with most items now available to regrade to Eternal, the new regrade rarity which further extends available gear advancement. Also, new levels and socketed slots for higher grade items, and a new regrade UI displays the chance of success. Regrades are also split into three levels of difficulty, allowing an easier path to high item grades if easier gear to regrade is chosen:
- Easy: Dungeon and event gear
- Normal: Basic equipment and standard crafted items
- Hard: Obsidian and Raid level gear
- New Max Level Character Advancement – So Level 55 players will be able to continue advancing their characters with up to 7 levels of the new Ancestral skillset, modifying certain basic skills with special elemental effects to change their power or functionality.
- Trade Route Restructuring – The Trade Pack system is revised to streamline ocean and overland routes, while trade outposts now placed at iconic trade ports, inland cities, and abroad. As always, players must travel at their own risk with these goods as pirates lurk.
Returning ArcheAge Players:
Players who have not logged in during the last 60 days can claim the new Erenor Homecoming Supply Chest on the Glyph account management page for 0 credits. Upon logging in, select the level 50 character you’d like it mailed to and receive the following great items!
Erenor Homecoming Supply Chest:
- (2) Homecoming Coins
- (1) Immortal Guardian Robes Costume (30 days)
- (1) Fleetpaw Bjorne Mount (30 days)
- (1) Erenor Homecoming Gear Ticket – Exchange in Mirage Isle for a new gear set!
- (1) Erenor Homecoming Chest D1 – Open the chest for a total of 15 times over a 30 day period (note: has 24 hour cooldown) to reveal great rewards including tokens to make the Immortal Guardian Robes and Fleetpaw Bjorne mounts permanent!
ArcheAge Worth Another Look..
Altogether ArcheAge: Erenor Eternal free expansion is a pretty significant amount of additional content. Did I mention free? Time will tell if the changes to the core system will improve the game experience. Honestly, I had walked away from ArcheAge but this expansion begs me to take another look.