Independent games developer Goblinz Studio announced the release of their deck-building roguelite role-playing game, A Long Way Down on Steam today. Inspired by hits like Darkest Dungeon, Slay the Spire and Hand of Fate, the game is available now as part of Steam Early Access.
About A Long Way Down
A Long Way Down is a mash-up between an RPG and a deck-building game. Embody Sam and try escaping this maze where a sneaky and evil mastermind reigns. Let your memories and your choices guide you… but don’t fall into darkness.
Set in a dark and tormented world in which you’ll have to assemble your party and use your cards to survive, fight and build your way through a dark maze of monsters. The cards you choose will determine how you explore the dungeon and defend yourself from every enemy as you meet many fellow adventurers, upgrade your items and equipment, and collect rewards.
- Build a crew to roam the darkness of the mastermind’s lair
- Dive in a journey where sin meets virtue on every crossroad
- Gather memories from your past to understand the heroes journey
- Upgrade epic weapons & armors to overcome bigger foes
- Adapt your play style & upgrade your skills to face various challenges
- Play the adventure again and try new morality choices
A Long Way Down plans to be in Early Access for 4-8 months. The game currently contains 2-3 hours of gameplay, around 40 cards, 3 playable characters and a dozen monsters.